School Based Health
Required Consent Forms
The School Health Services Program is designed to appraise, protect and promote the health of our students as well as provide preventive and emergency school-based health services in accordance with the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) mode and the School Health Services Plan for Bay County.
School Health Room Services:
- Basic First Aid Services
- Assist student with physician ordered medical administration (BDS permission form required)
Essential School Health Services & Screenings:
- Florida Statue 381.0056, mandates regular health screening to public school students. The screenings include vision, hearing, height and weight, Body Mass Index (BMI) and scoliosis (6th grade only). Vision exams provided by a Florida Board Certified Doctor of Optometry for all vision screening failures.
Preventive Dental Services:
- Dental exams provided by a Florida Licensed Dentist
- Dental cleanings provided by a Florida Licensed Dental Hygienist
- Dental sealants applied to molars as needed by a Florida Licensed Dental Hygienist
Vision Care Program:
- Eye exams provided by a Florida Board Certified Doctor of Optometry
- If prescribed, opportunity to order eyeglasses at a discount
- Eyeglass fitting and care instruction provided by a Florida Optician
- Annual eye exams provided, as needed
School & Sports Physicals Provided in Schools:
- Physicals provided by a Florida Licensed Medical Provider
Please check with your student’s school to obtain dates services will be provided.
COVID-19 Testing On Campus
PanCare Health is providing COVID-19 testing services on campus available to students and staff at schools with an existing PanCare TeleHealth clinic. If your student presents to the school health room with symptoms of COVID-19, we will contact parents immediately; testing will only be conducted with parental consent. There are no fees to parents or the school for testing, if your student has insurance, we will bill for services rendered. Detailed information provided below.