School Based Health
Required Consent Forms
This School Health Services Program is designed to appraise, protect & promote the health of our students as well as provide preventive and emergency school-based health services in accordance with our local School Health Services Plan. The School Health Services Plan is jointly developed and these services are provided by health care professionals under the direction of Bay District Schools Administration, the Florida Department of Health Bay County and PanCare of Florida, Inc.
Health Technician Services:
- Services include medication distribution and basic first aid services.
- Health technicians have the same qualifications, same levels of training and supervision as last year, the only difference is that PanCare is now providing these services.
Grade Specific Health Screenings Provided at Schools:
- The screenings include vision, hearing, height and weight, Body Mass Index (BMI), and Scoliosis. They are offered in an effort to decrease health barriers to learning and may be performed individually or in a group.
- Florida Statue 381.0056(7)(d), mandates health screening to public school students in Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, and 6th grades and for students new to the county.
Dental Services Provided at Schools:
- On the first day or two at each school, every student signed up will receive a dental exam with our dentist. The dentist will address any concerns and create a treatment plan of all findings and any dental needs.
- On the following days, every student that has had an exam completed with the dentist will then be seen by a hygienist. The hygienist will complete their cleaning, provide oral hygiene instructions, and nutritional counseling for each student.
- On the day following their cleaning, the hygienists will then complete any sealants that were treatment planned by the dentist at their initial exam. For more information on dental sealants, please visit https://www.mouthhealthy.org/e...
School & Sports Physicals Provided in Schools:
- PanCare’s licensed medical professionals will visit each school to provide these services.
- Students are required to submit a sports physical prior to participating in school sports programs.
- Students new to the county are required to submit a school physical as part of the new student registration process.
Please check with your student’s school to obtain dates services will be provided.
COVID-19 Testing On Campus
PanCare Health is providing COVID-19 testing services on campus available to students and staff at schools with an existing PanCare TeleHealth clinic. If your student presents to the school health room with symptoms of COVID-19, we will contact parents immediately; testing will only be conducted with parental consent. There are no fees to parents or the school for testing, if your student has insurance, we will bill for services rendered. Detailed information provided below.