There are dozens of types of doctors with various specialties in the medical field. When most patients refer to their personal doctor, they are talking about their PCP or primary care physician. This doctor is the central point of contact for all things related to your medical care, and they should be someone you really trust and feel you can rely on. When you visit PanCare Health, you know that you’ll find a primary care doctor there who can reliably meet your health needs! Read on to learn more, and if you require medical treatment, call one of our locations in Blountstown, Bonifay, Bristol, Chipley, Freeport, Panama City, Port St. Joe, Youngstown, and Marianna, FL!
Purpose of a Primary Care Doctor
A primary care doctor is a medical professional who is dedicated to monitoring your basic health needs, checking your vitals, prescribing necessary medications, and screening you for potential medical issues. This doctor is someone who you visit whenever you have a medical concern or just want a general checkup to ensure that you are in good health. Many insurance plans cover visits to a primary care provider as preventative care.
What a PCP Can Do for You
A primary care physician (PCP) can help reassure you that you’re on the right track with your health and wellness. Here are a few ways that a PCP can help:
- Monitor your weight and help with weight management.
- Advise you about medications.
- Provide wellness checks and sports physicals.
- Give referrals to specialists.
- Help diabetic patients who need to manage their glucose levels.
- Blood pressure checks and cardiac screenings.
The physicians at PanCare Health in Blountstown, Bonifay, Bristol, Chipley, Freeport, Panama City, Port St. Joe, Youngstown, and Marianna, FL can also provide urgent care.
Things to Ask Your Primary Care Doctor
If it has been a while since you visited your primary care doctor and you’re not sure what to expect, here are a few suggested questions and topics to discuss:
- How to reduce your risk of developing hereditary conditions such as cardiac problems and heart disease.
- Is it time for a blood test?
- Are your medications still optimal, or are there better options available?
- Ways to best manage stress and get mental health treatment if necessary.
PCP: Accepting New Patients
If you’re looking for a new primary care doctor, contact PanCare Health in Blountstown, Bonifay, Bristol, Chipley, Freeport, Panama City, Port St. Joe, Youngstown, and Marianna, FL. Call today to schedule an appointment.